The Ama Dablam follows the light-is-right credo to offer maximum warmth with minimum weight and a dash of class for down protection in the mountains and cold-weather style in the valley.
- Ultra light down proof fabric
- 800 fill power goose down - the best down available for maximum warmth, guaranteed minimum fill
- Attached adjustable down-filled hood
- Napoleon chest pocket - vertical front chest pocket stores small items for quick access
- Inside zip stuff sack pocket allows you to stuff the whole thing in its own pocket
- Elastic draw cord hem for adjustability in serious weather
- Zippered handwarmer pockets feature soft fabric to warm hands
- Adjustable Velcro® elastic cuffs for comfort and adjustability
- Angel-Wing Movement™ allows full range of motion in arms so jacket doesn't ride up
- Centre Back Length: 72.4cm
- Weight: 541.5 g
- Main Material: 100% Polyester DWR Ripstop 1.2 oz/yd
- Lining Material: 100% Polyester Embossed WR 1.3 oz/yd
- Insulation Material: 800 Fill Goose Down
Marmot Down DNA: Down is in our DNA. Marmot was founded in 1974 as a manufacturer and seller of premium quality down jackets, vests and sleeping bags. To this day we only use the finest quality certified goose down for our down insulated outdoor products. Mountaineers and outdoor enthusiasts worldwide rely on Marmot down gear for warmth, comfort, and sometimes survival.
Marmot Down Quality: Down quality is determined by fill power and durability which is dependent upon the age/maturity of the bird and the processing of the down. The best down comes from larger, more mature birds and goose down is better than duck down (when age/maturity are equal). More mature goose down has larger filament clusters than less mature goose down. These clusters, when grouped, provide many more trapped air pockets and therefore provide better insulation. To maximize the effectiveness of the down clusters, the proper processing of the down (sorting, washing & drying) is required to open them up.
Higher fill power means higher loft, better insulation, lighter weight, and greater durability. We test all of our down for content, cleanliness, species, and fill power. We guarantee minimum fill power for all of our down clothing and sleeping bags. That means, for example, that our 800 fill sleeping bags are guaranteed to have at minimum 800 fill power. We don’t believe in + or – variation when it comes to comfort.
Down Origins: Down is the light, fluffy undercoating at the base of the feathers of waterfowl. Down is a multi-dimensional structure that insulates by creating pockets of still air that retain body heat. Down is highly breathable and exceptionally comfortable. Pound for pound, high quality down is the most efficient natural insulator there is.
Geese are raised primarily for food and the down that is derived from them is a by-product of the food industry. Geese are raised on large and small farms and roam free outside on these farms. This is their natural environment. They are not raised indoors in controlled conditions. Geese are grain fed and also have access to local plant life.
Geese are generally harvested after 4-9 months for food. Some female geese are kept for breeding stock and are harvested between 1-2 years. These are the geese called the “mother birds” that provide the best, most mature down. After the geese have been harvested for food, the down and feathers are removed, washed, dried and then sorted by separating the down and small feathers from the larger, heavier feathers. These processing methods determine the final quality and fill power of the down. Marmot currently buys down primarily from Russia, Poland & China.
More From This Category