It’s not just the weight of your pack—it’s how you carry it. The Phantom 24 LR™ features a Crux lumbar reservoir that keeps water weight low and close to your back. That means more stability and a smoother ride through changing snow conditions and rough, moguled terrain—all in a pack that offers 3 litres of hydration and an insulated drink tube that won’t freeze in chilly weather. This year, CamelBak has updated the pack with more storage capacity and a new Crux reservoir that delivers 20% more water with every sip. When you’re loading up for a full day on the mountain, the Phantom is designed to easily carry your skis or snowboard, helmet, shovel and goggles (the pack includes a fleece-lined pocket to keep them from getting scratched). There’s also a separate compartment for storing your wet gear, and dedicated gear pockets that keep your avalanche tools organized and accessible. The load-bearing waist belt features extra storage pockets for keeping your essentials close at hand, and the Phantom’s extra-large zipper pulls make it easy to open the pack when your gloves are on.
- The brand new Crux Reservoir delivers 20% more water per sip, with an ergonomic handle for easier refilling, and an on/off lever that makes it easy to prevent leaks.
- Snowshed Back Panel: Back panel repels snow and keeps it from sticking to your pack
- Therminator Harness: Drinking tube zips into an insulated sleeve in the shoulder strap to protect your water supply from the elements.
- A-Frame & Diagonal Ski Carry: External straps give you multiple options for carrying skis
- Vertical Snowboard Carry: External straps let you carry a snowboard vertically
- Ski Helmet: Helmet hooks make it easy to carry a ski helmet on the back of your pack
- Avy Gear Organization: Includes storage compartments designed specifically for avalanche gear
- Load-bearing hip belt stabilizes your load and features cargo pockets to keep essentials within easy reach
- Secure zippered pocket keeps your smartphone in easy reach
- Large zipper tabs are easy to grab while wearing gloves