The UltaMid 2 has the dimensions to accommodate couples and a dog, or a solo hiker, backpacker, or bikepacker who’d like to keep their gear covered at night.
When it comes to portable shelter, few designs have been as thoroughly time-tested and proven as those built in the pyramid-style. They’re easy to set up, efficiently spacious, and because of things like physics, incredibly capable of providing sanctuary in all but the most extreme weather.
While the remarkable 1.17 lbs. weight of the UltaMid 2 will be a welcome reduction to any kit’s overall mass, put any concerns to rest that it translates to a sacrifice in durability. The 100% waterproof Dyneema® Composite Fabrics used to build this elegant structure will outlast garden-variety silnylon materials many times over. Get cozy with the idea of unpacking the comfort and security of home, wherever home may be, for years to come.
Use it with the UltaMid 2 Mesh Insert, No Floor, or with the Full or Half Insert with a DCF11 floor. Set up with adjustable trekking poles or suspend the UltaMid from the central peak.
- 1.17 lbs | 18.85 oz | 534g
Weight includes perimeter guy lines only.
- Fully seam sealed
- Constructed with DCF8 Dyneema® Composite Fabrics (formerly Cuben Fiber)
- Water resistant two-way zipper
- Comes with an X-Large Drawstring Stuff Sack for storage
- 8 reinforced perimeter tie-outs
- Line locks on all perimeter tie-outs
- 4 center panel tie-outs
- Specially designed cone to prevent deformation when using oddly shaped poles, paddles, sticks or skis
- Dual peak vents with no-see-um mesh
- Tie out on cone for hanging the mid from a tree
- Larger than traditional mids
- Equipped with eight 3’ 2.8mm UHMWPE Core Guy Lines for perimeter tie-outs
- Includes additional 100’ of 2.8mm UHMWPE Core Guy Line for center panel tie-outs
- Can be pitched high off the ground or tight to the ground
- Use for four season Backpacking, Alpine climbing, Ski touring, Packrafting, and more
|Brand||HYPERLITE MOUNTAIN GEAR|
Others Also Bought
More From This Category