The act of creating trails that help people connect places has been an intrinsic part of human behavior from pre-recorded history to present day. For that, we offer a very heartfelt “Thanks!” There are those folks however that would prefer to get to wherever “there” is the hard way, and for them, we offer the NorthRim. Building upon our super-proven Windrider and Southwest packs, the NorthRim ramps the durability factor up with a 375-Denier fully-woven Dyneema® Composite Fabric (DCHW) built into high abrasion areas – the bottom/rand, three external pockets, and hip-belt pockets – and utilizes 3/4” nylon webbing for the body compression straps, axe loop, and grab loop. If the description of the route includes words like off-trail, slot canyon, grate, scuff, Class 4 or 5, harness, belay, rappel, bushwhack, and packraft, the NorthRim brings forth the objection-free, unwavering toughness you need to succeed.
The 4400 volume size (70L) is ideal for routes where resupply points are far apart, if they exist at all. For climbing equipment, bulkier clothing, days or weeks of water and food, or a packraft, the 4400 has the volume to get you out and safely back.
Weights may vary slightly by torso size.
- Load Capacity: Up to 27.2kg
- Three external fully-woven Dyneema® pockets
- Fully-woven Dyneema® pockets on hip belt with #5 YKK water-resistant zipper
- Hardline with Dyneema® hip belt with 1/8” closed cell rigid foam and 1/4” foam padding
- Hardline with Dyneema® shoulder straps with 3/8” closed cell foam and spacer mesh
- Fully-woven Dyneema® lumbar panel for added strength to the hip belt attachment points
- Adjustable sternum strap with self-tensioning elastic and whistle
- Hydro port removed for extra defense against water if the pack is accidentally submerged
- Removable, contoured aluminum stays
- 1/4” foam back panel pad
- Internal plastic frame sheet for added back panel support
- Compression System:
- Roll-Top closure system with side compression straps for vertical compression
- Side compression straps for horizontal compression
- Top Y-strap compression -- Designed to secure gear
- Body compression straps, ice axe loop, and grab loop made from dependable 3/4” nylon webbing for added strength and durability
- Proprietary seam sealing on all side seams and behind all sewn-on pack features
- Bar tacked reinforcements on all stress points
- Triglide buckles for optional pack accessory straps
- Internal: 4400 cu. in. (70L)
- External: 600 cu. in. (9.8L)
- Center Pocket: 300 cu. in.
- Side Pockets: 150 cu. in.
- Body: DCH150
- Bottom: DCHW
- External Pockets: DCHW
- Top Circumference: 45” | 114.3cm
- Bottom Circumference: 37.5” | 95.3cm
- Height (fully unrolled): 38.5” | 87.8cm
- Back Width: 10.5” | 26.7cm
|Brand||HYPERLITE MOUNTAIN GEAR|
Others Also Bought
Now from $50.96
More From This Category